Friday, August 11, 2006

Use Pandora without browser - minimize to tray.

So you like to listen to music on Pandora. But maybe you don't want to open a browser window just to listen to the radio, maybe you want to keep your desktop free of cluttering windows, or maybe you just don't want to break your fingers typing it's address, or even harder, clicking on a bookmark.



Fear no more, Daniel Mackey has your answer. He has created a wrapper for the pandora player, so all you have to do is click on the link, download the App, install it, and then BOOM you have an icon on your desktop that opens up the Pandora radio player in it's own little box all by itself, which you can then minimize to the tray and out of the way. Awesome.

I am using it right now, and it is fantastic, especially for me who has a lot of extensions installed into firefox, which makes it take a while to load. Now I just click on the icon and my music pops up. Nice.

Comments:
ok. whatever you say.
 
Hmm...nice radio thing-a-ma-bopper...speaking of which I should put on some music myself!
 
I sense a lack of enthusiasm... tsk, tsk. :P

Pandora is good for you!
 
I have Windows Media player... no need for anything else, no want for anything else at least...
 
Yes, normal interet radio is good and all, but Pandora specifically tailors itself to what music you like to hear!

You can save favorite songs and artists to remember for later and to share with others,

you can listen to other people's stations and get an idea of what kind of music they like,

you can down vote a song so you never have to hear it (or any songs like it) again,

or if you get tired of a song you can have Pandora not play it for a month,

and best of all, it's free and you don't have to download anything. Just click on a link, enter a favorite song or artist, and enjoy.


As you can tell, I am a pretty big fan of Pandora, and I don't mean to force anything on you, I just want to share my enjoyment with people that I like. :)

And, eh, Windows Media Player is okay too.
 
haha. I just listen to CD's on Windows media player... not to the radio. :-) Although if I did listen to the radio it sounds likie Pandora would be the way to go. :-D
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?