Monday, July 17, 2006

A pop culture of one.

Well, it seems that I have survived the weekend with my insanity intact, despite my dire predictions. Odd what sort of defenses you develop after spending a week or two with two pre-pre-teen girls and another who might as well be one. (Haha, Melanie.)

And now I'm back, posting on my blog again. You see, it is really easy to get out of the habit of daily writing; you only have to miss one day, and after missing two I had figured this would be a code-red level-5 blog-wide emergency. My daily readers would be mind-starved of my precious prose. The safety of one or even two whole persons was at stake. I had to act fast.

So, I sprang into action and waited until 5 minutes after I was supposed to be in bed to post this just in the nick of time!

Whew. Close call. Good save. *Gives self high five.* Score one for the good guys.

Random


Insert random yet somehow meaningful blog content here.

One thing we like to do here at Get in on the John Inc. is to include very clever pop culture references here and there, and we think that people really appreciate that. Yeah. Except my pop culture isn't very popular anymore, nor is it very cultured.

Therefore I will now take the time to explain two of the incredibly clever pop references in my last post.

The title of that post: "Who you tryin' to get crazy with ese? Don't you know I'm loco?" comes from the Cypress Hill song Insane in the Membrane. I have included a music video that someone made for it using clips from the hilarious cartoon Invader Zim. The real music video was just them at a concert and those music videos are always really boring. So, enjoy, and like the video says, there is a mountain of cussing the size of Mont Blanc, so maybe just listen to the first part, or whatever, I don't know.



The other reference was my parting words: "And that is why I'm a nut; I'm crazy in the coconut.", and that came from the trippy music video that I will display below.



Seriously, how awesome is this music video. *brr* Creepy turtle-head old man.

I had heard this song before but never the video, which I found amongst many, many other pretty awesome ones in pitchfork media's 100 Awesome Music Videos feature. Some really incredible videos in there, but I still haven't had a chance to see them all. Check it out!

Click to see video.Speaking of music videos, you might have all ready seen this, it's sorta like the spinning leek thing, but who can say no to an acapella chorus composed of horses whose voices you can turn on and off at your mere whim?

Who indeed.

Comments:
I've seen the horse thing before... I just shook my head and walked away...

And yes Invader Zim is probably one of the best things to ever come out of nickalodeon...

Five Tons of Flax
...Peter
 
"Odd what sort of defenses you develop after spending a week or two with two pre-pre-teen girls and another who might as well be one. (Haha, Melanie.)"

lol hahahahahahaha. Poor John!!!

Joel
 
http://bunnyherolabs.com/imagetest/fortune.php?m=Lbh+unir+fhssrerq+n+uneq+ybat+jrrxraq+naq+raqherq+zhpu+cnva
 
that 2nd movie... HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! the old lady "did I ever tell you the story about..." to a skeleton. HAHAHAHA!! That movie clip is hilarious, oh my goodness! And ya, there is some creapy stuff in there... but oh wow. over all its pretty funny. I have never seen it before.
And what's up with the horse picture?
 
oh... I think I got it now. hahahaha
 
Wow! Comments! I am overjoyed. :D

I love comments.

Lol, thx for the fortune cookie!

Yes, horses with singing...
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?