Monday, July 03, 2006

My day.

It is so much more difficult to concentrate on writing my blog post when two crazy female relatives of mine are squealing at the top of their lungs over a game of Super Monkey Ball just two feet away from where my ears are protectively encased in Pandora-blaring head phones, which instead of blocking out their noise, enhances it like a megaphone, causing my thoughts to churn like an infant chimpanzee inside a madly speeding plastic sphere.

The screen shot should help the uninformed decipher the last part of that sentence. Speaking of which, that was quite a doozy , wasn't it? Aww-yeah.

Play-by-play


Me and my cousins picked up my Sis from the airport yesterday, and despite almost being killed on the way over by an SUV driving the wrong way down a divided off ramp, the trip went off without a hitch. My older cousin, Sandra, also convinced me to let her sister, my younger cousin Katie, stay with us until tomorrow. Tricksy, she isss.

This morning we slept in late and then watched Disney/nick (need I tell you: not my choice. Fairy Odd Parents roolz, though.) all the way up till jumping into the truck and zooming over to the movie theater to watch Cars, both of them for the first time, me for the second.

The theater was even more packed than when I saw it with my Mom on opening weekend, something I would have thought was impossible, but most of the children were sitting on parents' laps and in strollers, and yet still every seat was filled. Cars was just as good if not better the second time, with all the clever references and easter eggs being easier to catch the second time around, also we missed the beginning of the animated short that Pixar always puts before the feature last time, so this time I got to see all of it. Nice.
My Sis put Cars right below The Incredibles on her list of favorite Pixar movies ever (she said it came close), and my cousin said it was 'awesome'.

Mmm. ClipArt.
When we emerged from the multiplex we were surprised to find that it was pouring cats and dogs outside, and we skillfully dodged the plummeting pets, managing to reach the truck only half drowned.

From there it was off to Dillons to procure some vittles for my Sis, who, for some reason, needs more variety in her diet than popcorn and hotpockets. Bizarre creature.

70 bucks later (50 bucks more than I usually spend) the truck was loaded and floor space was slim. No foot room for them, hehehe, lucky I was driving.

We then ate two Little Ceasars Pizzas, which were most tasty indeed, especially for my sister who is not accustomed to the phenomenal haute cuisine of the civilized world.

By this time it was getting late and me and Katie drove off to buy a bag full of recreational pyrotechnic devices, it being the third of July and all. When we got back home and spread out our purchases on the living room carpet, we had two boxes of those little white bags that you throw on the ground and they pop, two top-like spinners, some sparklers, a pack of black cats firecrackers, a novelty globe spark throwing thing, and a little rocket.

We forced Katie to wait until it got darker, and then went out into the driveway and lit it all up.

I had forgotten how awesome fireworks are, the last time I had set any off being many, many years ago, but they are soooo incredible! The smoke, the lights, the sound, awsome! My favorite was watching the rocket zip into the sky and then explode into a sparkly death. Even the sparkle-shooting globe was cool. The dormant pyromaniac inside me has awakened and he demands sacrifice to quell his hunger!

Seriously. I gotta buy more fireworks. Soon.

So it has been a good day, and happy fourth tomorrow everyone! Hope you have a chance to witness many fiery explosions!

Comments:
Happy 4th of July John As a token of apreciation I shall put commas,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, and thes thingies :::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
Joel
 
And? And what? You didn't finish your comment.

I still don't know why your femail family are in the states. Just to see cars? haha. ;-) Or is it to eat pizza? :-D

Wow! Fireworks are AWESOME! I heard some going off last night... they're against the law to be fired in Georgia without permission. But does everyone listen to that? No. So I got to hear some fireworks last night. :-D

Oh ya, Happy 4th of July
 
Yay! Fire! Man is obsessed with fire! Fire powerful! Mwahahahahahaha! Great to see you have been posting more often! Have to start checking your blog more often again!
 
Pizza is very good
 
Ahhhh I canot put a poll on my Xanga =(. I paste ze code and it doesnt come up. Help great white wizard :)
Zouelle
 
Hey Joel, the poll doesn't work on Xanga because Xanga is EEvil! :)
Actually, my great white wizard sense tells me that Xanga might not allow the usage of Javascript.

But it also depends on where you are trying to put the poll. Even Blogger wont let me put Javascript inside a post, so I had to put it into the template. (i.e. Sidebar.) That is the best of my guesses.

Lucky for you I am a googling fool, and I managed to find a poll that will definetly work on your xanga, even in the posts. (Maybe):

Luckypolls.com

This is HTML, not Java, so it will work, and the best part is that you won't even have to sign up for anything! Yay! (Don't give them your email.)


Huzzah Jonathan, you are alive! Yes, fire is most excellent. I love it. I would have a teddy bear made out of fire if it wouldn't mar my beautiful face.

Oh, and Mary Beth my sis is back for a special christian leadership camp that is goin on over here! Me is so happy!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?