Thursday, July 13, 2006

Viva la revolucion! Matar el sueño!

It's 11:57 PM. Do you know where your children are?

Because if they are being held captive by the chains of slumber, me and my snare drum are here to save them from that terrible fate.

I am currently losing the battle versus my ignoble adversary Sleep, so I must now resort to a smear campaign to rally the common people to my cause. Check the propaganda, yo!


Sleep sucks.
Think about it, if you sleep 8 hours a night by the time you are 90 years old you will have slept the equivalent of 45 years of awake-time, just like that, down the drain.

And what the heck is sleep for?
I am listening to a guy tell me on my headphones that sleep is the period when we reduce certain chemicals that build up in our bodies during the daytime. Couldn't we invent some sort of pill to do that?

Or is sleep just the time that our brains use to make random connections and organize itself? I once got the idea of making a dream journal out of a teen people magazine and I tried it a couple of times. A dream journal is where the moment you wake up in the morning you reach for your notebook and jot down what you were dreaming about before it fades away. Sometimes the results can be surprising, such as the day when I apparently was dreaming of "Opra Winfrey searching for me in a biplane".
What could these dreams possibly signify, if anything at all?

Personally I think that the chemicals that build up in our bodies are really just poisons that Sleep diabolically uses to blackmail us, and dreams are when Sleep does it's brainwashing VOODOO!

Stupid sleep.

OK EVERYONE! LETS BOYCOTT SLEEP! STARTING RIGHT NOW!

...
I'm not asleep yet, are you?

Comments:
Excuse me I'm trying to figure out how the , HTML tags , work.
 
Awesome! Thanks for your indulgence. What does this one do anyway? I shall soon see.
 
hahahhaha! whatever.
 
*yawns* All this talk about *yawn* sleep... *sigh* its making me *yawns and stretches* very *yawn* S-L-E-E-P-Y *YAWN* Just give me another... ummmm... 5 hours and... *yawn* I'll be snoozing away... cough... *becomes alert* umm... oh ya! Right with you there man! Tonight my plans include hanging with my buddies! All 15 of them! Its going to be a blast, we're telling stories! Its going to be DA BOMB!!! Too bad you can't join us. Me and my buddy Z will be having a blast ALL NIGHT LONG!!! The guest list includes... Z,Z,Z,Z,Z,Z,Z,Z,Z,Z,Z,Z,Z,Z,Z

ya, and for your information I did write all this before the other 3 comments. haha.

One last word of insight here before I go...


Ahem.

Ready?

You're crazy John.

Ok, I'm out of here.
bye
 
Lol MB it is always nice to get comments from ya, and watch out for those html tags, they can be tricky devils!
 
Yes indeedy... The one's allowed here are overly simplistic in my opinion... but meh... also sleeping eight hours a night will yeald a net loss of 30 years not 45... 45 would require you to sleep 12 hours per day... Just thought i'd point out your inaccuracies... :p...

And i am myself attemping to reclaim my life from the monster that is sleep... i get as few as 4 hours to as much as 8 hours per night... averaging twoards the lower end of that spectrum...
 
Aha, I had hoped that someone would notice the math! Notice that I said "45 years of awake-time", which I took to mean the 16 hours of not-sleeping that you get per day. I know it is stupid, but I wanted to make the numbers sound really really cool, and you can do that with statistics, it's fun!

Hey, keep yourself safe from that sleep, brotha.

Thanks for the comment Corin (which of your names should I use? I am confused...) :)

I am off to submit to my sandman overlord.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?