Friday, July 21, 2006

Lady in the Water is a splash!


Haha, forgive me, I am new to this "descriptive-yet-amusing" headline creating buisiness. This title is more like "descriptive-yet-cliche".

My sis and I just caught the 10PM showing of M. Night Shyamalan's new movie Lady in the Water, and I am in awe. I have loved every movie M. Night has come out with, Sixth Sense, Unbreakable, Signs, The Village (less so),even though I didn't know his name until Signs came out.

His movies have always been characterized by their twist-endings, so let me break this to you easy: Lady in the Water has no surprise at the end, and I am not sorry to see it go. Don't get me wrong, I loved the mind blowing endings of the other movies, but by the time I saw The Village, everyone in the theater was spending their time guessing what the surprise was going to be, and unfortuneately, I got it right.

I hate knowing the ending. I love to be surprised by a movie.

And Lady in the Water is nothing if not surprising.

It was more amusing than it was eerie, more blunt than it was mysterious, and more fun than it was thought provoking. It was something completely new that I don't think I've ever seen in a movie before.





Ok, I am writing this 24 hours after I wrote the above; unfortunately I was interrupted by inebriation (not me) last night (and I thought college didn't start for another month), and I lost my train of thought, so I'll just briefly conclude here.

I thought Lady in the Water was a fantastic and original movie, perhaps too fantastic and original for some people, but not for me, I loved it. I live for original. Which is why I give it the most shiny stars that I am capable of dishing out:

5 out of 5

Oh, and just for the record: the newspaper critic character has the best movie moment EVER.

Comments:
I'm glad someone liked this movie...I plan on seeing it tomorrow, and hope it doesn't dissapoint.
 
hey! This post wasn't here yesterday! Sneaky! :-P
 
Yeah, I know, the critics seem to hate this movie, but what the hey, I loved it.

Yeah MB, I used a special time traveling technique to put up this post 24 hours INTO THE PAST! It was great, right up until Doc got shot by some Libians for steeling their plutonium. Darn Libians.
 
John, Phil here.....I did not see the movie but wanted to drop a line! How are you? Phil from Guinea, that is,,,,,,Uncle Phil to you! Hey write me a note at

philstombaugh@yahoo.com

later
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?