Sunday, September 04, 2005

The late bird gets to write on his blog longer.

Hey. It's one o'clock in the morning, which makes this prime blog-posting time for me, so I guess I'll start writing and see where it takes me.
First of all, those of you who have commented should know that I answer comments ( usually ) before I make the next post, so go back and check if you don't want to miss my doubtlessly dali lama-like wisdom-filled response to your comments.

Speaking of comments, uncle Dwayne noticed that my posts have been shrinking ever smaller since I started college. This, I discovered, is true. The reason is that I now share a room with an almost complete stranger, and as my sister can attest, I have a problem with people being behind me while I use the computer. It doesn't matter if they are reading what I am doing or not, it's just the fact that they could be. What can I say? I am insane.
See, right now I am ok, because either my roommate has decide to visit the parents for labor day weekend, or, more likely, he is attending some sort of party.

Heh. "Labor day". That's right, I bet it's creation went something like this:
"Hey dude, we need some sort of holiday to celebrate the joy and benefit that work brings to us, but what should we do to make it special?"
"I don't know Tim, how about we don't work on that day?"
"Brilliant!"

It just strikes me as ironic that we celebrate work on this day by not working.
Is it just me, or do you think that it should really be called: "no-labor day"? Or maybe "I-need-an-excuse-to-not-work-today day"? I mean, calling it "labor day" is like calling Halloween "lets-eat-health-food" day. So weird.

Oh yeah, I saw "Transporter 2" this weekend. Sweet. I heard it described as "out-bonding bond" by one critic, and I must admit, it did have the over-the-top stunts and I-don't-give-a-shaken-martini-about-storyline type plot that makes bond movies, well, so bondish. I am going to break the plot down for you real simple: Transporter likes boy. Transporter likes boy's mother. Bad guys kidnap boy, give boy deadly virus, who gives mom deadly virus. Transporter kills bad guys, gets antidote, and does some really awesome stunts on the way. And the stunts and fight scenes are what make me love transporter 2. In a bond movie you expect lots of let-us-suspend-logic-for-awhile stunts, but usually you can guess what they'll be. Well, in transporter 2 the stunts are so crazy and the pacing so fast that you don't get time to expect them, and that is what makes the "Woah. That was cool" So much better in Transporter 2. Watch Transporter 2 if you feel like seeing someone beating legions of bad guys up pretty good, and don't want to bother wondering how the transporter calculates exactly how fast to drive off of buildings and land in adjacent parking garages. I judge it to be one of the better movies of it's genre that I've seen lately.

In other news, we have finally received the paper mario game we ordered off of eBay, and it is... Good. The fact that the last game that we bought was "Resident Evil 4" which is my vote for best game of all time, meant that maybe my standards for Paper Mario were too high. That being said, Paper mario 2 is a great game. Although it's got those cutesy graphics, inside it is a relatively deep combat system ( you can do super timed button presses for bonuses everywhere like in "Mario Luigi Superstar" for GBA ) and some cleverly written dialogue. The princess is of course captured again, although this time not by bowser ( who you can play as in parts of the game. Awesome. ), but by strange x-creatures. Badges are back just like last time and give you cool powers, and you gain party members with special powers just like last time as well. Overall, it's way better than the original, but yet not as good as ResEvil4. Which is the best game ever made. Did I mention? =)

Well, I'm off to my sweet, sweet, bed of awesome sleep, now. So good night, sleep well, and don't let the evil homework bite.

Comments:
Hey!!! I feel greatly honored to be mentioned by name on your blog! Cool.
Well, whether it was labor day or no-labor day it was labor day for me. I spent the whole day working. Cemetary, I mean seminary courses start back up for me on Thursday. I already have my syllibi and so know that I have more reading to do it such a short amount of time that it will be impossible for me to finish it. So, I started Saturday. So, I feel your pain.
Well, this isn't my blog so I better stop here. It's great getting to keep up with you and your life a litte. I'm praying for you to.
Later
 
Well the good old homework has bitten me hard in the thigh and seems to have no incilnation to let go.... that being 111/222 pages in a extemly boring book filled with mostly wrong ideas.... so yeah.. that's basically what i've been doing most of this weekend.. oh and i have to have it done with a paper to go along with i by friday so a deadline looms... i really wish i could take douglas adam's standpoint on deadlines... but sadly that'd get me an F in the class... so i must drudge throgh it.... so yeah... hope you have a good week... and hey when is that confenernce....
 
Hey, no I didn't get your e-mail, I have a new address now :jessica.brislen@emu.edu. The teachers here are so gungho on homework, and reading!! All I ever do anymore is read textbooks. Dude,a nd I'm the French teacher assistant here!! It's awesome!
 
Hey Dwayne, I didn't know that:

1)You were going to seminary.
and 2) That you got homework in seminary classes. I guess you would have to write papers and such...

But I am sorry for your homework situation Dwayne, just remember that homework is afraid of fire, so use the excuse that your homework was burned in a freak accident often.
Like I do.
I think they might be on to me, though. I keep on getting these "F"s written on stuff. Maybe "F" stands for fantastic?...

"I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by."
Douglas Adams

Hey Peter, I wonder how many classes Adams failed out of? ;-) Yeah, my least favorite homeworks are the papers. And, yay!, are you being taught evolution? So much fun. Those classes just make me laugh.
It's really stupid:
-"All life has a common ancester."
-So if I have a common ancester with a horse, where is it in the fossil records?
-"None of the common ancesters are known."
-Uh, that's a lot of missing links. Thank goodness for objective science. *Snicker*

But when they make me memorise all their foolishness, I stop laughing, and start dragging my feet. =)
Um the conference is the weekend of the 23rd of September, so I guess you could check to see if there is a christian challenge group up there you could join...

Hey Jess, textbooks can be really entertaining! Just do like me and go to the top of your dorm and see how many people you can knock unconsious with them! Wait, you say that you read them? Hold on, there is actually something written in there!? Good golly! All my textbooks... wasted. ;-)
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?