Thursday, August 25, 2005

Parlez-vous Francais? Apparament, non.


Hey, you want to see something really funny? All you french speakers will crack up when you read the google translation of my blog into French! It's just wrong. Let me quote a line from my last post:

"I had to go through like an hour of installing "big brother's" software on my computer and had to pay 50 bucks before they would even let me think of connecting."

Apparently, translated by the ever knowlegeable google website into french, that becomes:

"J'ai dû intervenir comme une heure d'installer le logiciel "du frère" sur mon ordinateur et ai dû payer 50 mâles avant qu'ils me laissent penser à se relier."

=D Hmm. What is going on here!? Looks like I had to pay 50 males to let me "hook up"! That is really, really wrong. ;)
Check out the link for more terrible translation hilarity.

Comments:
Hey I actually figured out part of what was wrong with that French translation. Geez working with people looking over your shoulder has got to be unnerving. Glad you got a good roommate. Now that you are free you are once again under yet another new authority it sounds like. Resist John and embrace all the freedom it allows you and if you can try to get more! Well see ya someday.
 
It would be possible to point to almost any part of that translation and say that it was so wrong, that it has caused Victor Hugo to roll in his grave so much that it has caused earthquakes, which have destroyed the eiffel tower, the arc de triomphe, and most precious of all french monuments, that one McDonalds in downtown paris. (Don't know how to spell.)

And don't worry Jonathan, my motto is: Give me freedom, or give me slight pain!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?