Friday, July 15, 2005

Another amazing comeback post.


In a shocking break from tradition, I have decided to post before a week has passed since my last one. I will now tell you about my day. And follow the previous sentence by not telling you about my day. You know, so far Jonathan Hoover has been the only guy who has read my last post and survived. You see, he has been the only one who had the survival skills that it took to know that when I say that heads will explode unless comments are made, I mean that by not commenting you put yourself in mortal danger of making your brain homeless, is what I meant. Just listen the testimony of just one of my many (dis)satisfied readers who neglected to comment:
"The.. pain.. the mortal... pain... So... loud... I-I went to read John's latest post and when I just closed the page after reading it and left, this ear-piercing voice started screaming "Noooo" from my speakers. Now I have no head. It exploded. Why-oh-why didn't I listen to what he told me? Why didn't I comment? Whhyyyy!"
This could be you. Comment. It's the safe thing to do. Oh and if you don't actually believe that heads can spontaneously explode, check out this article from MIT about this very real and very possible phenomenon. Mwhahahahahaha!!!!

On a less life threatening note, I just not more than a couple hours ago had the privilege of being able to watch "The house of Flying Daggers". If you've ever seen "Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon" or "Hero", then you know what to expect. Lots of amazing surreal fights and more than enough pretty colors for everyone. This one, however, was less about the fighting and destiny and honor and more about the relationships between the three main characters: a blind woman ( played by the chick who stole the sword in crouching tiger ) and the two men who love her. Good plot. Not at all stereotypical. Basically, it's set in the feudal era of china or something, and the emperor is weak and the government corrupt. To combat this government an organization is formed in secret called, of course, the house of flying daggers. And dude, can their daggers fly! I mean, they throw them straight at guys protecting themselves with shields, and they bounce off, try to curve around the shields, bounce off again, try to come at the soldiers from above, and then finally deflect off the bronze shields to clatter to the ground. It's like they're alive or something. Pretty cool. Anyway, there are these two soldiers fighting for the government who capture the blind girl, and because she is the blind daughter of the ex-leader of the resistance, one of them pretends to be a freedom fighter, stages her escape, and tries to get her to fall in love with him in order to persuade her to lead them to the hiding place of the hidden daggers. That was the plan, anyway. Of course he ends up really falling in love with her, but twists and turns abound in the plot line, enough so that I dare you to figure out what will happen at the end before you get halfway through the film. No way to know. And I like that in a movie. It's hard to be surprised when most movie plots are Disney-like cesspools of unoriginality.

Well, that will be all for now, I'm going to spend the weekend at my aunt's with my cousins Matthew and Carolyn. Yay! That will be fun, and hopefully it will help me escape the evil influence of the TV, which I am powerless against. Until next time, dear readers, I bid you adieu.


Comments:
Hey I haven't seen the house of the flying daggers but we did watch a kung fu movie called the Iron Monkey. It was funny because all the villains were all saying stuff like "his kung fu is strong!" with the asian accents and all. The actual film was in Chinese and we had to go to the language selection to get it in English. It was a great movie. I submitted another comment on your last post also. I will make sure that my brain stays in its skull. What was your favorite fight scene in Episode III? I got a cool lightsaber (Anakins) that changes color from blue to red. It makes clashing lightsaber noises too. My cousin gave it to me for helping them lay grass strips (sort of like rectangles of carpet except it was grass) on their backyard. It is awesome. My brother got Yoda's lightsaber and it talks and clashes. I can borrow Evan's lightsaber and imitate Yoda now. I have a great Yoda voice. Hey! You have never heard my yoda voice. Next time I see you just ask me where yoda is and I will find him for you.

Au revoir,
Jonathan
 
Hey! That sounds like an awsome lightsaber! Is it one of those ones that extends when you flip it and stuff? I heard that they also came out with a Darth vador helmet that actually makes your voice sound like Darth Vador's. Pretty sweet.

Yeah, I love the kung-fu movies. They are great. It's like every single person in Japan or China knows Kung-fu, and all they do all day is fight with each other. Hehe. Neat.

Hey, it sounds like your cousins are all grown up! The oldest of my cousins are just now getting married! The first two are this year. Crazy.

Hmm, I think my favorite fight in Ep. III was the one between Yoda and the Emperor. Yoda was way more powerfull, and for some reason I thought he would win, but then he goes and runs away at the end just when Palpatine was hanging on for dear life to that platform thing! Don't tell me Yoda didn't have enough force left in him to tickle Darth Sidious a little under his arm and make him let go! Grr. And then he's like: "Go into hiding now I must!" Yoda had the emperor beat! Imagine what would have happened if Obi-wan came with Yoda and they both attacked! It would have been over! No galactic dictatorship for twenty years! Argh. But then we wouldn't have had the luke starwars movies. And that would be a tragedy indeed.
Oh well. ;)

Oh, and I'm at my Grandma Wilkos's house in coneticut right now, as to your question from last post.

Well, I am out of here, see ya Jonathan!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?