Thursday, June 09, 2005

B to the A to the C.

Ha ha! Booyah! I just now ( Wednesday June 08 at 11:33PM ) finally finished studying for my BAC! The Physics part of my BAC. All that's left now is to study Chemistry, Biology, Math, History, Spanish, and Philosophy. And English. And suddenly it's not so cool anymore. Sigh. Well, I spent the whole day today studying. In fact I took a subconscious vow of hermitage, refusing to leave the comforting womb of my room and, later when I finally was overtaken by hunger, the suburbs of my room, which others like to call the rest of our house. Nope, no sunlight was able to carry it's UVs to harm my skin today. Yep. I had SPF-frikin'-roof-over-my-head-2000 all over me. Gotta keep that healthy pale computer screen glow that drives the ladies wild locked inside my skin. ;-) The bad part is that I wanted to go over to the office and do e-mail all day, but all the scary people and evil sunlight made me put it off over and over again until it became now. Midnight. We hates the sunlight, we hates it, precious! Gollum gollum! So here I am, typing in the dark because there is no power, the only thing I can see in the inky blackness that floods my vision is the screen in front of me, which is busily attracting every flying insect within 348 light years of it's sweet, friendly glow.

Type. Type. Type. That's me: the Typing-typer of typedom fame. Oh, hey, I made a picture describing my distress over the loss of my palm. It should be down there now, with the tragic story of my palm. And if you can't figure out what all that blurry junk is, it's a picture of a skeleton holding in his upstreached arms a palm tungsten E shouting his pain to the oncoming storm. The symbolism is clear: the looming storm of the BAC is going to strip the flesh from my bones faster than a fish tank full of pirhanas, and I will randomly grab the thing closest to me and show it to the BAC and tell it to "Take this instead!". Or maybe it's just me mourning the loss of my palm; whichever sounds more plausible to you. B.A.C.-day is the 15 of June, in exactly a week, and I would appreciate any prayers you might be willing to donate to a good cause: the "Help John graduate from high school" cause.

 Did you know that I made a banner in flash for this site? It was pretty cool, the only problem was I used a tripod site to host the file, and half of the time tripod was too darn slow for the banner to get loaded on the page. There must be a billion people on Tripod, and I guess that slows things down. So the banner's life span was cut short to about 59 minutes. I mention this because when I wasn't studying today, I was making another banner, this time just a picture and not a gigantic flash, using a 3-D program I have called Blender. Excellent program, once you get used to the weird controls. It was made with 3-D designers in mind, you see, therefore lots of the commands are done by pressing a button on the keyboard, opposed to going through lots of menus. But you've got to know what those keys do, unless "boolean difference" is a phrase that immediately makes you think of a 3-D shape making technique. And if it does, then your just cheating somehow. Great program. And free, I might add. I'm a big fan of free things on the net, love those GNU licenses. Like the GIMP for instance, which I use instead of PhotoShop, it's evil twin brother, which costs like 100 bucks or so. EVIL!

Oh, and Hi Jonathan! You are about the only person who is reading my blog right now, so thanks for reading! I got your letters, I just haven't been able to write back yet because I haven't been online for very long lately. Hmm, it's kinda strange that you have to have a Blogger account to post comments here! Don't know why. But if you want to have a blog ( they're pretty fun, and it seems to be the fad for a lot of people lately ) you could sign up!  It's really easy to update them, I just write to a special email address and blogger posts it to the site, and it is completely rated G as long as you don't read some of the other strange people's ( besides me ) blogs. I mean, you really can put whatever you want on your blog, as long as you don't want to host downloads or anything. I just chose Blogger because it's Google! And I love Google! No complaints from me, except that the site doesn't really make it very easy to find other peoples blogs on it ( no search blogspot, or groups or anything as far as I can tell ). The other two popular blogging sites are LiveJournal and Xanga, which as far as I've seen are excellent as well. It would be pretty neat to see you get a Blog! Oh yeah, and sign my guestbook if you haven't already. Your signature would make the number of people who has signed my book do an astronomical leap from nothing to something. ;-) Hehe. Thanks. Well, I'm off to visit the sandman now, wish me luck on my journey to La-la land! C-ya!


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?