Thursday, May 26, 2005

Let's see if the stolen pen is mightier than the sword when I cleave



Hey. See, I'm getting used to this blog thing, so far I've posted just about every day or so. Booyah! The bad part being that I didn't use that time to study for my BAC, the humongous test that French schools have to determine whether you get out of high school or not, and what kind of college you get to go to. The pressure is gigantic. Hehe. And I'm spending hideous amounts of time with this blog. It's been cool, I've learned a little Html, written some neat stuff, and I'd like to say met some cool ppl, but then again, I sense a vast chasm of empty space on the other side of these words, filled only with the sounds of crickets chirping. *cricket, cricketEven Google don't know where I am.
So as long as I am talking to the fathomless depths of cyberspace, I think I'll tell you about the terrible crime that was committed to me today at school. Besides the crime of actually making me go. Alright, so picture this: I have just arrived in my Physique/Chemie class to find that we had a test scheduled for today that no one has told me about, and as I have visions of death by chemistry floating in front of my eyes, I sit down and get out my stuff for the test. The only problem being that there is no stuff in my bag to get out. No writing utensils, to be precise. I have no pen to write with, or eraser to erase with, or protractor to protract with. My pencil bag ain't in there, or anywhere. I can't go out to the room that we just left to find out if I left it there because, well, this is a test and such things are not done. So I borrow someone's pen and carry on to fail the test admirably. I get out and hurry down to the room where my junk probably is, knowing that things lost here don't usually stay lost for very long. No, they usually find a brand new home pretty quick. I get there, ask if anyone has seen a old black pencil bag with big holes in the side and a happy evil smiley face drawn with whiteout on the front, and receive a big "non". Knowing that if it's not where you left it, that means that it's probably warm and snuggly in the pocket of it's new owner, it is without much hope that I go and see if someone might have put it in the lost and found. When I get there lo-and-behold! it's right there sitting on the supervisors desk. Yay! I go and hug the ratty looking thing to me, and as I do, I notice that everything didn't fall out of the holes in the side like it usually does when I pick the ( literally ) holy thing up. That is because everything wasn't in it. In fact, not much of everything was to be found inside it at all. Should have guessed. I am gratefully, though, that I got the few stubby colored pencils that were left in the bag at least, and as I leave, a teacher stops to ask me if I got all my stuff back. Apparently the teacher was the one that turned the bag into the lost and found, after figuring out that the bag his students were saying belonged to them wasn't actually their's. I express my gratitude, and tell the dude that unfortunately most of my pens and pencils and junk weren't in there. And he tells me that he will go bust the heads of the kids that found my pencil bag and get them to give my my stuff back. I offer to help him with my piledrive of doom, but he declines, cracking his knuckles, and smiles as he walks away, muttering something about not wanting witnesses. And so, at the end of the day I go to the office before I leave the school, and a couple of pencils and my lucky fountain pen with the melted cap made to look like a samurai warrior are waiting for me, to my great joy. Some junk is missing, but in the end I got out of the deal in pretty good shape, all in all. I sorta felt like being there when the teacher went through their bags, and getting all of my stuff back, and maybe telling him that one of the thief's pens was mine as well, just to get back at the jerk. But I have a conscience for telling me not to do junk like that anyway, so I probably wouldn't have done it. I've got to cultivate my evil-overlord-ness a little more, I guess, before I can become the evil ruler of the universe.


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?