Thursday, May 05, 2005

Just wondering if this thing works.

Hmmm, if this works it will be my first post done through email. I hope it works, then. Hey, you know what, it's 3AM and I can't sleep cause my crazy friend Alex Rehn called me from the states at around 9PM or so, which with the time difference is around 2AM here. It's a good thing I wasn't really sleeping all that much, or the mear fact that there happens to be an ocean between me and Alex would not have stopped  me from busting a crazy ex-MK's head in. After the shock of waking up to my Mom telling me I got a phone call, it was actually pretty cool to talk to my main man Alex. He really is one of my oldest friends, and certainly my best buddy ever here in af-RI-ca. I'm spelling "africa" that way because that is how you pronounce it if you wanted to say it like the dude on BBC africa. Or whatever.

It's freaking late!! Hey, I'm kinda proud of that last post. I really didn't know what to say, so I just let my imagination go nuts. Lately I've been reading a lot of Scifi short stories, you see. A lot. I just finished reading the 22nd annual Year's Best SF ( an awsome series, BTW ) , and when I got to the end I noticed that some of the stories were from a website that happened to be related to my favorite TV channel, the SCIFI channel. The site was the oh so much hallowed Scifiction.com  . Man, do I love that site. So much so, that I've downloaded the entire thing onto my harddrive so I don't have to waste valuable internet time on reading the sweet scifi stories. Yep. All 50 Mb or so of it. You have no idea how long that takes with a max speed of 10 Kb/s. No idea. That's max.  Most of the time it's like 5 Kb/s. Have pity on me. :'(   Anyway, I've been sorta entertaining the idea of becoming a writer, inspired as I was by all those cool stories, the only problem being that to become a writer you have to, uh, write. So there you go, my pride of the last post has been explained. I am proud because it exists. Period. Or as we say in French: "point finale". Oh yeah, and the thing that I used to download the site onto my harddrive so that I don't have to be connected to the net to be able to browse the site is called HTTrack Website Copier  which I got from downloads.com excellent program. Works great. Similar to one that I have for my palm: Avantgo, but then again they both just copy sites. Man, I'm tired!

Well, I was going to philosophise ( is that a word? ) about the meaning of blogs, ( I've had that "meaning of life" question whipped for a while now ) but I'm just too dang tired. If you happen to be reading these words after 2AM, go to bed you moron! You'll be happier that way. I know I would have. If it were still only after 2AM, I mean.


Comments:
hahahaha!! Its after 2am... only... well, long after 2am. Its like 11:43am now... and I'm reading through your blog, because I can. :-D And because you're a very enteratining writer. besides that your a friend of my friends. :-)
 
and I might as well leave you comments...
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?